1. Only rent from a letting agent who is a member of the government-accredited National Approved Lettings Scheme (NALS) or a landlord who is a member of an Association such as the Landlord Association.
2. From 1st October 2008, make sure you see a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) so you know how much your utility bills are likely to be.
3. Never hand over a deposit to a landlord or letting agent until you have written confirmation that is protected by the Tenancy Deposit Protection scheme.
4. Do not rent a property unless you have seen a current copy of a Gas Safety Certificate (legal requirement) and either an Electrical Safety Certificate or written confirmation from thelandlord that the electrics are in good order.
5. Never rent a property without an up-to-date agreement or sign a letting agreement until you have read it over a 24-48 hour period.
6. If you don't understand any clauses within the contract - don't sign it until you understand what it means.
7. Never move into a property unless there you have a copy of an inventory (ideally with photos).
8. If you find anything wrong with the property report it immediately - by phone - and follow up in writing what needs fixing.
9. Don't disturb your neighbours - they can report you - and you could lose your rented home.
10. Make sure that you go around with the inventory clerk before you leave/day you leave so you make sure everything is fairly recorded.
T. 01284 766884 E. email@example.com
F. 01284 769673
© 2017 Goymour Homes. All rights reserved./ Estate Agency Websites by